Sunday 25 May 2014



(My entry into this weeks Flash! Friday blog competition.) 

http://flashfriday.wordpress.com/2014/05/23/flash-friday-vol-2-24/)

I hope you enjoy it...



Paid in Full.



Bruce shook his head. “Next you'll be telling me there's a tooth fairy.”


“Honest, it's true. I'll prove it.” Reaching into my inner jacket pocket, I pulled out a utility bill. A final demand typed in red, threatening imminent disconnection of my internet services and further additional charges to be paid. Due today.

“And you just put your unpaid bill in the box and aliens pay it?”

“Exactly that. One every month. No more than that or else there's consequences.” I slotted the bill in the box, waited for the actinic flare and then drew it out again. “Look,” I said, “Paid in full. Written in large green letters.”
“So why isn't everyone doing this? There has to be a catch.” My friend looked at me sceptically, still not believing.


“There is,” I began, hesitantly, ”a qualifier. You have to always bring someone for them to abduct...” 



3 comments:

  1. *Steps over a bucket of cleaning supplies* Glad to see you're back in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Mind your head on that scaffolding. And the door frames are all still wet!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete